Community

Wanderers in the Sea of Fog

Posted on: April 6th, 2012 by jamie-melaragno

Do you love dance? Check out our friends at Control Group Productions in Salon Romantik opus 1: Wanderers in the Sea of Fog

We depart ourselves

And disappear

Into the wilderness’ embrace.

Into terrible,

Sublime beauty,

A return to awe and grace.

April 20. 21, 27, 28 at 8pm at The Laundry on Lawrence.

2701 Lawrence St. Denver 80205

Tickets $18 at the door/ $15

A Romantic epic spectacle performance.

Fiesta Margarita!

Posted on: April 5th, 2012 by Elaine Adair 1 Comment

Saturday, April 21, 7 PM

An adults-only fundraiser for The School of Ballet Nouveau Colorado’s Student Company. Enjoy delicious homemade margaritas and yummy Mexican-flavored fare, plus a fantastic silent auction with great deals on one-of-a-kind items! Plus, get the opportunity to mingle with some of BNC's amazing professional dancers.

Don't miss out on a chance to win great prizes, a goodie bag for each attendee and a few surprises that you don't want to miss.

ONLY $25 per person! Get your tickets now.

Graciously hosted by the Jannsen Family:

1599 Redwing Lane
Broomfield, CO 80020

Denver Roller Dolls

Posted on: April 3rd, 2012 by jamie-melaragno 1 Comment

Denver Roller Dolls is a nationally-ranked, 501(c)3 non-profit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to developing and promoting the sport of women’s roller derby, training skaters for local, national and inter-league competition, and strengthening the communities in which we live.

Next bout: Travel Team Double Header featuring DRD's Mile High Club VS Bay Area Derby Girls AND DRD's Bruising Altitude VS Philly's Independence Dolls. Parking is free.

Tickets: General admission tickets are $17 purchased in advance or $22 day-of-bout. Reserved tickets are $27 purchased in advance or $32 day-of-bout. Children 12 and under are always free!

The Easter Bunny is at FlatIron Crossing!

Posted on: March 29th, 2012 by sasha-galikeeva

Spring time is finally here! Get the family together and visit FlatIron Crossing!

The Easter Bunny is at FlatIron Crossing! Visit in Center Court at the base of the Grand Staircase now through April 7 (between Helzberg Diamonds and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory) and receive a FREE gift! Plus, get $3.00 off any photo package now through March 28! New this year, Spring Family Portraits will also be available! And, Story Time with the Easter Bunny is Monday-Friday, March 19-30, at 11 a.m. - thank you to Pottery Barn Kids for providing the books! Easter's on its way!

Racing For Better Health

Posted on: March 27th, 2012 by joanna-maiolo

I am excited to announce BNC’s participation at the Frank Shorter RACE4Kids’ Health 5K race on April 15th, 2012, put together by Healthy Learning Paths. This organization shares many of BNC’s philosophies of integrating health and wellness and teaching healthy lifestyle choices to our students.

Healthy Learning Paths empowers children by teaching wellness strategies for success in health, learning, and life. They envision communities where integrated health and educational tools are broadly accessible to families of all backgrounds and income levels. These tools enable parents to effectively coach children as they navigate obstacles to achievement and good health. The final outcome is children acquire a natural and lasting determination to reach their full potentials.

Healthy Learning Paths is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.

The Frank Shorter RACE4Kids' Health 5K honors Olympic Gold Medalist, Frank Shorter for his commitment to children's wellness and learning.  Proceeds benefit Healthy Learning Paths, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit partnership of medical and educational professionals, who recognize and teach the critical connections between health and learning for children's success. Your participation brings our Be Well, Learn Well© school wellness and educational community programs to more Colorado children.  Children must be well, so they can learn well.

Don't miss the Healthy Kids' Expo at the race where you'll find many resources, products and fun activities for kids. Also, be sure to stop by the BNC booth to find out more about our approach to healthy living!

For Sale at the BNC Front Desk

Posted on: March 20th, 2012 by joanna-maiolo

In addition to the wonderful healthy snack shop items and other great merchandise BNC offers at the front desk, we are now selling the 2012 Chinook Book. For those who have never heard of this, it is a book full of amazing coupons and deals around the Denver & Boulder area.

The book includes coupons for local merchants such as Natural Grocer’s Vitamin Cottage, or for products like Nest Fresh Eggs and the delicious Justin’s Nut Butters. Chinook book also includes a wellness section that provides deals for stores like Apothecary Tinctura, which is a personal favorite   of mine that I feel everyone should visit and experience.

Furthermore, there are coupons for great values with yoga and pilates studios, as well as many more. Included with the purchase of Chinook Book is the option for a downloadable app for the iPhone and Android where you can load the coupons straight to your phone. After looking through all of the deals it has to offer, it is clear that the value goes far beyond the low price of $20. Come flip through the pages of Chinook Book at the BNC front desk!

In Honor of National Nutrition Month…

Posted on: March 13th, 2012 by joanna-maiolo

It is especially exciting to be launching the Dance Tip Tuesday Blog this month, as March has been named National Nutrition Month!

One of our BNC Sponsor is the Lakeshore Athletic Club, and this month they are offering free “Nutrition Bits” lectures with Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Margi Resch. One of these lectures titled, “What is Metabolic Typing,” will be offered on Thursday, March 22 from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Lakeshore Lounge. Lakeshore Athletic Club’s Holistic Lifestyle Coaching is a unique approach to health, which views the body as an integrated system, striving to achieve a lifetime of overall wellness. This idea, viewing the body as an integrated system rather than different parts working separately, is something we at BNC believe in very strongly. This is especially true for the health of a dancer. The mind and the body working as one is a critical, if not one of the most important aspects of dance. If one part of the body is not functioning properly, the whole body will be affected.  Therefore, the body as a whole must be reevaluated and nourished accordingly.

Dance is an excellent amusement for young people, especially for those of sedentary occupations. Its excellence consists in exciting a cheerfulness of the mind, highly essential to health; in bracing the muscles of the body, and in producing copious perspiration.  ~Noah Webster

A Great Success!

Posted on: March 13th, 2012 by admin

Thank you to everyone who helped make BNC Adventures a success. We are pleased to announce this past Saturday night's event, hosted by the Barre Committee, raised over $7,200!

The Barre Committee is a group of volunteer School of BNC student parents who help support the cause for dance. This event in particular was in support of BNC's extensive community programs.

We would also like to extend a special thank you to Town and Country Foods for providing a delicious meal for the event. Town and Country is extending a special offer to BNC's patrons. When you set up your home food delivery service, mention Ballet Nouveau Colorado and BNC will receive $100. Call 1-800-651-3663 ext. 590 today to set up an appointment.

Double D’s Sourdough Pizza

Posted on: March 12th, 2012 by sasha-galikeeva

We want to give a special thank you and shout out to our Community Partners, Double D's Pizza for being such great supporters of BNC!
Every Monday from 5-8pm, you can enjoy all of Double D's Sourdough Pizza's best recipes served at your tableside, fresh out of the oven!  And all for a bargain price:

• VIP Club Members - $9.99 (it's free & easy to enroll to the VIP Club)
  • Non-VIP members - $10.99 
  • Children under 12 - $4.99

Double D's Sourdough Pizza is located at 5160 W. 120th Ave. Ste K. Westminster 80020
Don't forget, every first Mon. of the month when you order mention BNC and 10% of the proceeds supports us. 

To check out their full menu and learn more go to www.DoubleDsPizza.com or call 303.410.0002

Dance Tip Tuesdays

Posted on: March 10th, 2012 by joanna-maiolo

Hi everyone!

I will begin by telling you a little bit about myself…

My name is Joanna, and I am a student at Metro State College of Denver. I will be graduating in May with a Bachelor of Science in Integrative Therapeutic Practices and a minor in Nutrition. Integrative Therapeutic Practices (ITP) is what the industry calls “ITP” to avoid that tongue twister. ITP is a fairly new major at my college and is furthermore the first school in the United States to actually offer it. ITP is designed to mix the best of conventional or Western medicine with a wide variety of alternative medicine classes. If you are interested in learning more about it, click on the link below to visit the Metropolitan State College of Denver website’s page for the program. And the nutrition minor, well, that’s just like it sounds--full of nutrition. I love everything that I have learned, and now through my internship with BNC, I have the opportunity to use my background in a real-world job setting. In January, I began my internship as BNC’s Nutrition & Health Intern.

This blog series called, “Dance Tip Tuesdays” is dedicated to combining my knowledge of nutrition, wellness and how it relates to the world of dancing. Each Tuesday, I will write about BNC philosophy and approach to nutrition and exercise tips as they relate to dancing. Feedback and questions are encouraged. Enjoy!

Integrative Therapeutic Practices website:

http://www.mscd.edu/hep/integrativetherapies/